- C / C++ on Linux
- Low-level software experience and of working close to hardware but flexible to move up towards the GUI
- Design for manufacture and test
- Knowledge and experience of collaborative development tools (e.g Confluence / Jira)
- Knowledge of SW build systems such as Continuous Integration, Yocto and Open source methods
- Must have a hunger for technology (passionate about exploring, using, integrating and building systems)
- RF standards such as WiFi, Bluetooth, DAB
- Open Source compliance, design for test and automation.
- Mobile application development
- Design for test
- Cloud programming (AWS/ Google)
- Design and development of software products
- Architect / analysis / design / system and specification of SW tasks
- Coding / unit test / evolution of design & systems
- Design for Test / manufacturing with full code path analysis.
- Software planning, timescale estimation and integration
- Prototype Analysis with scope for R&D of new technologies / principles
- Liaison with 3rd party engineers and technology providers
- Project collaboration / design and documentation
- Line management of SW engineers, including appraisals.
- Specification and adoption of SW design processes
A fantastic opportunity for an Embedded C Software Engineer to work within a team of experienced, enthusiastic engineers developing software for cutting edge, market leading consumer devices.